When it’s time to move your little one into their own toddler bed, many parents seem to get confused on what toddler bed should be like and how. Most parents do not even understand the criteria to look for when selecting a toddler bed.Many simply buy what pleases the eye and the pocket forgetting that there is more to that.
It is important to do your research first before settling to make any purchases.Do your research ahead of time to avoid feeling under pressure when the baby is already too big for the crib. Without enough research, you will end up buying a bed that might not even serve your toddler for the long period of toddlerhood. Remember, shopping for your baby’s toddler bed doesn’t have to be boring or stressful, it can be fun as well.
- 1 What Are The Key Features To Buying A Long Lasting Toddler Bed?
- 1.1 Toddler Bed Options
- 1.2 Toddler Beds That Have Stood The Test Of Time
- 1.3 Conclusion
What Are The Key Features To Buying A Long Lasting Toddler Bed?
- Suitable Size – You are moving your toddler because they can no longer fit in the crib anymore. Buy them a suitable size that can accommodate them for a couple of years. With that said you don’t need to buy a queen size bed just so they are sorted for the rest of their lives.
- Sturdy body–Toddlers are full of energy and to them their new bed is a new toy added on to their list. Ensure that the bed is sturdy and can stand vigorous activities that the toddler may engage in – jumping, dancing etc. It helps you sleep soundly too in knowing your toddler will not fall off the bed in their dream.
- Low profile–Toddlers are just leaving their cribs and cots that were next to the ground. Avoid putting them into a high bed as they can risk falling even while playing. Look for a toddler bed that is not high off the ground – today manufacturers are listening to the customers’ needs and most have come up with low profile toddler beds. A low profile bed will also help your child learn how to climb on and off without help making them feel a little grown up.
- Fits a standard mattress–Ensure you get a toddler bed that fits a standard mattress. This allows you to change the mattress when need be. If you don’t check this feature before you purchase it might mess up your budget when you want to only change the mattress by being forced to buy another bed. This includes bedsheets too, standard features allow you to use the normal standard size bedsheets and the truth is that they are easily available in the market, thus you can have enough for all the beds and can change when need be.
- Rails–Rails are highly applicable in the safety of your toddler. Moving them to a toddler bed does not mean that they have stopped being active in their sleep, it only means you can have them enjoy growing up but under protection. No matter how glamorous that toddler bed looks, if it has no rails on the side, it’s not worth it. Most toddler beds today allow temporary rails that you get to remove later in life when they learn how to sleep well as they grow up.
Toddler Bed Options
There are two types of toddler bed options and every parent can purchase that which meets their needs. The two options include:
- A Toddler bed – It is a small or medium bed frame that fits either a crib or a standard size mattress and are often disguised in attractive toys like Disney world, princess castle, spaceship etc.
- A twin size bed – It comes with a mattress and a bed frame with portable rails and is safe for the toddlers too.
Toddler Beds That Have Stood The Test Of Time
1. The Davinci Sleigh Toddler Bed
This bed comes with a beautiful steady design that has an espresso finish. It is made of wood; free from lead and phthalate and has passed international standards. It also comes with side rails, so no need to purchase extra rails. It is a low profile bed allowing your toddler to climb on and off the bed without assistance. This is one of the best beds to transition your child from a crib into a full size bed. It can support upto 50 pounds of weight and it allows the use of a crib mattress. It measures about 57 x 29.6 x 28.1 inches.
2. Dream on me Classic Sleigh Toddler Bed – White
This bed is all white in color creating a relaxing feel for the toddler. It measures about 57 x 30 x 28 inches. It is designed to help ease the transition from the crib to the regular bed by allowing your child to sleep in a rail protected bed. It is highly certified by various organizations to be one of the safest beds for toddlers. It is made of wood into a low profile bed that allows the child to develop good sleeping habits through easy climbing on and off. Dream on me classic toddler bed come in eight different finishes giving you the ability to choose what’s best for your child.
3. Orbelle 3-6T Toddler Bed – Espresso
The Orbelle toddler bed is a beautiful sturdy bedthat is made from good quality wood. It is a long lasting and comfortable bed that can support up to 60 pounds of weight. It is a spacious bed allowing your child to enjoy enough freedom. It measures about 53 x 30 x 26.5 inches. It fits a standard mattress and is low profile allowing easy climbing on and off for your child.This is one of the finest toddler beds to consider as your first option when time to transition comes. Assembling this toddler bed is easy as it comes with tools.
4. Delta Children 3D Footboard Toddler Bed Sesame Street.
This gorgeous bed is one durable bed that is made from metal and gives a strong support to the child for a long time. The metal frame is then coated with some heavy duty plastic materials that gives a beautiful finish that includes the rails. This plastic protects the child from cold metal contact in case they roll in their sleep. It features a sesame street design that comes with a cartoon enhancement making it more attractive to children. It perfectly fits a crib mattress and can hold up to 50 pounds of weight. It measures about 54 x 30 x 29 inches. It is approved as a high standard bed that is safe for toddlers.
5. Kidkraft Fire Truck Toddler Bed
This Kidkraft toddler bed is very popular due to its attractive design. Many kids love the truck bed as it is large with extra compartments to store their toys. Toddlers like sleeping around their toys and this bed provides them with that wish. This bed provides safe lander style rails that secure your child from falls and injury. This bed is made from wood and therefore not harmful to the child. It comes with silk-screen details to make the truck more attractive. It allows you to fit a standard size mattress and can hold up to 50 pounds of weight. It measures about 59.2 x 28.8 x 21 inches.
6. Modena Toddler bed
This is a modern style bed that comes in an exquisite straight line design with high headboard and footboard. It is made from quality pine wood and finished off with a white non-toxic finish that is friendly to your child. It comes with rails to secure your child while sleeping andfits the standard size mattress. This modern bed can hold up to 50 pounds.
7. Tiffany Toddler Bed
This bed is known to compliment your toddler’s room especially for a girl. It is an all-white bed made from MDF wood that attract most toddler girls to it.The headboard and the footboard compete this bed by giving it a rounded arch and a bow applique for a feminine look. It allows the use of a standard sized crib mattress and comes with stylishside rails that keeps your child safe from falling off. Tiffany bed is fit for transition from the crib the normal bed. This bed is durable and can be used for more than one child.
With enough information, you can make an informed decision on what exactly you want for your child. Learn the pros and cons of each bed to ensure you invest your money where it’s worth. Wooden toddler beds have been used for ages and remain perfect even after long use. This would be ideal especially if you plan to have more babies and save on buying more toddler beds in the future.
In today’s world, wooden beds are no longer boring they have inscribed cartoons that attract the children to loving their new bed. You only need to be keen to ensure you buy the right bed that fits your child’s gender.