You will have one happy infant if given a new toy, and yet almost any toy will do. The true is young child are not fussy when it comes to toys, especially toys for babies as they would be always happy to receive it from their parents. As long as it keeps them entertain, they would not bother whether the toys would bring any significant benefits to them. The parents are the one should bother upon the toys for babies as their developments are essentially important. Babies toys should be fun to play, encourage learning, should be age-appropriate and, totally safe. Not only you will have a peace of mind, but also as developmental learning tools whereby selecting a toy that will help your child develop their full potential. This is where the baby learning toys shall stand for – to educate your infant right from the start!
In the early years of development, playing is so important in developing the social, mental, physical, and emotional in infants. The most appropriate toys for babies that help them to unlock their capability would be the one classified as baby learning toys. Previously, we have discussed on how baby learning toys were crafted specifically for developing the five qualities of infants’ senses. Moreover, research points out that child who is bestowing with age-appropriate toys in reality will help them to more fully develop their physical, cognitive and creative abilities. Learning through playing with the right toys for babies can further stimulate the connections in their brains that are responsible for building your child’s future intelligence.
The Educational Way of Toys for Babies
Its being said that baby learning toys is considered as the safest type of toys for babies. The most preferable babies toys among parents whereas not only safe, but also make swift of their learning curve. Infant educational toys for mental and physical developments are in demand nowadays and shall be:
- Produced to match the appropriate age and maturity level of the child.
- Produced to promote an easy learning as possible start from the early stage.
- Helping in developing the infant’s five quality senses by focusing one toy at one time and doing just that.
- Much simpler without any complexity or requires manual to operate.
- Without any sharp, protruding or projectile parts from the toys.
- Without any projectile ability that can further promote injury and classified as firearms.
- Without requiring higher electricity consumption if applicable likes the musical type.
- Comply with the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) safety standards. As specify by ASTM F963 – 08 Standard.
Choose Age-Appropriate Toys for Babies
The enjoyment upon infant educational toys can be in full if they can master it and that are right for their particular stage of development. Keep in mind that it is never too early to begin this all important processes. Even the youngest babies can begin responding to bright colors, thus helping their vision to develop more quickly. Here are some of the different stages for most infants will be going through:
Age of Infant under Six Months:
This is the stage where the learning process will begin as the main objectives of baby learning toys are simply helping them to do just that. Infants are discovering their own bodies, and then began working on eye-hand coordination by reaching, grasping, squeezing, and shaking. In general, they are fascinated with movement, sounds, and simple visual colors like black and white.
Age-appropriate toys for babies at this stage include:
- Mobiles toy with bright colors that will stimulate vision from simple black and white, to green, blue, red colors, and so forth.
- The rattlers and teethers that will introduce baby to new kinds of textures.
- An activity centers that encourage reaching which essential for motor control development.
- Mirrors designed toys with baby safety in mind to encourage your child to explore own faces.
- Board baby books that even at this young age reading to your baby will help them with beginning language development.
Age between 6 to 12 Months:
Within this second stage, it is important for your infant to begin focusing on interactive play. The introduction of the cause and effect learning concept is normally included, and also working on eye-hand coordination as older babies can grab small toys. They will repeat these activities repeatedly in order to master them. They also like to transfer toys from hand to hand as well as putting into and out of containers. Simple games such as “pat-a-cake” and “peek-a-boo” are fun ways to help your baby discover the wonders of their new world.
For further stimulate your child’s development and learning, these types of toys may help:
- Soft dolls and stuffed animals for child who loved to cuddle.
- Toys that are musical type and make various sounds.
- Play telephones to encourage communication through mimicking.
- Baby gyms and activity courses to stimulate crawling ability.
- Bouncers to stimulate physical activity and strength development.
- Wooden and soft blocks for stacking, filling and dumping games to promote participation and creativity.
Age between 12 to 18 Months
When infants become toddlers, reaching their first year of age will start to develop some thinking ability. As a result, most babies begin to foresee significant results, determine on a goal, and intentionally take some action plus initiative to make it happen. They will also begin to experiment with some variation in terms of size, shape, and space. Not forgetting, your child may begin to walk or experiment with taking those first few steps. At this age, the toys for babies should focus on supporting your child’s curiosity in exploration while further developing their motor coordination (agility) and physical development (strength).
The age-appropriate toys would include:
- Building blocks for greater development of eye-hand coordination.
- Swing sets and safety strikes to encourage physical activity and development.
- Toddler appropriate videos and music for educational purposes.
- Storybooks and picture books for language and vocabulary development.
- Nesting cups and shape sorters to improve eye-hand coordination as well as problem solving skills.
Age between 18 to 24 Months
This second part of later one year (1 ½ year old) most toddlers begins to use their imagination as well as analytical thinking into playing. Typically, this will be taken as the form of make-believe but, in reality the real objective is to help them to develop problem solving strategies on their own. Be sure to look for toys that support this crucial time of development by expanding their exposure to sizes, shapes, colors, hardness, as well as the ability to follow instructions and language. The important key to remember at this age is that kids are truly learning with hands-on play by utilizing all three physical senses.
The age-appropriate toys for babies would include:
- Push and pull toys that support both tykes that are beginning to walk.
- Swing sets to develop physical skills like agility and equilibrium.
- Puzzles that is easy to manipulate with a small number of pieces.
- Playhouses and other scaled down objects that your child sees everyday will give them the opportunity to mimic the world around them.
- Costumes and dress-up to stimulate imagination while enjoy playing “pretend”.
It is best to keep in mind on which type of toys for babies is age-appropriate, educational, and safer to play with. You as parents will be in a better position to help support the lightening fast development of your child’s brain and actually step up their learning and development. In conclusion, the baby learning toys are the best choice for developing the future generations with finer intellectual.